Thursday 25 June 2015

Lots to report and see

Been quite busy. On the 21st I attended an event at a local park and found Buff-tailed Bee, Red-tailed Bee, Honey Bee and Solitary mining bee (Andrena bicolor). Again I did take some photos but they are all distant shots.

On the 24th I went to Broadwater again. Fairly long visit and the amount of birds was quite good, added Turtle Dove to year and site list, as well as Dunnock (finally) and Spotted Flycatcher to the site list. Now up to 53 and going up steadily, but am sure it will slow down soon.
Butterflies - Peacock, Brimstone, Small Tortoiseshell and Meadow Brown today, Meadow Brown being new for today.
Two adders and I got the picture right this time. Was looking at this snake and concentrating on getting the photo right and hadn't noticed until I got home that there was another in the shot.

Meadow Browns (Maniola jurtina)



Peacock (Inachis io)


Two adders


Also saw Bee mimic Hoverfly sp, At the Pond a Saucer Bug (Ilyocoris cimicoides, more Beautiful Demoiselle (loads all over at the mo), Large Red and Common  Blue Damselfly, Four-spotted Chaser and briefly the mystery Dragonfly I haven't identified yet. And more, looking online and in books I believe I saw Emerald Damselfly (Lestes spansa) which was gorgeous but stayed in flight when I saw it, and Emperor Dragonfly (Anax imperator), lovely blue shining in the sun just looked amazing. Again got quite close but kept moving. Another mystery flyer was on the edge of a woodland ridge and at the moment I have no clue what it is.



Dunnock for site


Another mystery insect.



A fly that landed while taking a photo.


Will start looking up mystery flyer but if anyone looking here knows what it it it would be very useful to know thankyou. While at site meet a local who specified a particular area for me to check, have been planning to go for a while anyway. So next up on here might be Redstart and Dartford Warbler, so here's hoping.



No comments:

Post a Comment