Monday 29 June 2015

Banded Demoiselle

I knew I had seen a Banded Demoiselle in the last two years. Today I twitched it, well I don't know if twitched is the right word. When I woke from my twilight job I popped over to Tonbridge to Hayesden CP. Didn't find them at the place I saw them before, in fact apart from Kingfisher, Meadow Brown, Comma and Small Tortoiseshell was starting to wonder if I had imagined it. At the furthest bridge away I saw 2 Beautiful (virgo) and what I think is a Emerald Damselfly. Also saw a possible Banded. As I headed back to the car park I tried again and there were at least 6 in one area. 1 massive fish kept surfacing at the bottom of one of the plants they liked to sit on.


Banded Demoiselle (Calopteryx splendens)
Various places I found it along the shallows and got some decent 
photos but here are a selection







No comments:

Post a Comment