Monday 9 November 2015

Another for local list

A visit to Broadwater warren bagged me another new bird for the site, making my total now to 65.

The weather was bad, on and off rain, strong winds. That didn't stop a flock of about 78 Fieldfares feeding on the Eastern heath, where apparently a Dartford Warbler was seen 2 days before.


These pictures show what the weather was like, so dark yet not late in the day.


Cormorant, new for me here. Flew over as did a Lesser-spotted Woodpecker flying between the areas of woods. Redwing and Woodlark as well as Crow, Black-headed Gull, Blackbird were among the few I saw. There was a pipit feeding on the ground which I think was Water Pipit, but most of the time it was hidden from view

Not loads of species but a decent day. Going back to my last blog I think the gull I saw over the park was possibly a Caspian Gull. I am not amazing on gulls but this was flying overhead and only in sight for a minute or so.
Will look it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment