Sunday 11 October 2015

Latest sightings

On the 8th I went to Broadwater Warren again. It was a excellent bird day, with 21 species being seen. No new ones though. Apart from Peacock butterfly (the only photo I got) there are still Common Darter and Brown Hawkers around.
The Bird list though was Robin, Crow, Green Woodpecker, Yellowhammer (inc some young birds), Goldfinch (5 flying over), Tree Pipit (still 2), Herring Gull over, Woodpigeon, a few Jay, Great spotted Woodpecker, a flock of 9 Long-tailed Tit, Blue Tit, Magpie, 2 Mistle Thrush, Greenfinch (inc 2 juvs), 2 Wrens, Blackbird, Buzzard, a gorgeous posing Woodlark, Chaffinch and Jackdaw.
Am hoping to get Crossbill there soon and have a good site for potential Fieldfare and Redwing sightings.


The gorgeous Peacock that just posed nicely.


I suppose I would have to say I twitched a tree. It is in my local park and have seen it before but hadn't even thought what type it was. Have now been told it is a Caucasian Wingnut tree (Pterocarya fraxinifolia) which is apparently not common over here. It loves moist, almost boggy soil were it can get plenty of light. Which is exactly where it is growing.


Wingnut tree


Couldn't help it. In my local park and the red on it's wings
was so nice I just had to take this picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment