Monday 3 August 2015

Holiday time

Back from holiday. Shepton Mallet at a Christian festival. Didn't do a lot of birding. Did go to Chew Valley lake for a couple of hours and saw Yellow-legged Gull for the year, also saw loads of Pied wagtail, Little Egret, G.C.Grebe and lots of different ducks. While camping heard Tawny Owl on two nights.
Did see 1 Dragonfly at the showground but no pic so will be identifying from the views I had.
Had a few moths, Common Footman being the commonest, also Buff Ermine.


Pebble Prominent  - Notodonta ziczac
I think this is what it is.


Thought it might be a Square-spotted Clay but could also be a 
dart, basically I don't know.


These 2 unknown but will continue to try to id



Looking at other people's photos I feel inadequate but these were taken on my phone. Moths are fascinating but am finding some of them hard to id, will have to get a book on micro moths next and keep trying. 

Got back and then went on another walk with the local expert and visited my local park, all about that in my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment