Thursday 24 December 2015

Christmas is coming and a update is due.

On my last blog i got up to the end of November, so now to catch up. On the 3rd I went to my local park to see how things are getting on.


The now finished new bridge, just on the left 
of the pic below is the Wingnut tree. 



This area used to have a children's play area over it.
But there is a good flow of water going through.


This is where the new path will go across the marsh area.


On the 4th a visit to Broadwater again got me 2 Raven plus Jay, Common Gull, G.S.Woodpecker and Woodlark of note.

The 10th was a bit different with a visit to Oare Marshes, was hoping for a Owl or two, but that wasn't to be. 45 species altogether. A massive flock of Black-tailed Godwit with some Ruff, Snipe and Redshank mixed in. Usual species seen, did see a Pale-bellied Brent Goose amongst the Dark-bellied but am not getting into that on a blog.


69 Brent seen on this visit.


The 16th saw a visit to Rye Harbour, Pett Level and Dungeness RSPB. 52 species seen on this trip. Rye Harbour got me a Purple Sandpiper briefly and Spotted Redshank. Tree Sparrow were very active when I got to Dungeness and managed to get the species I wanted. Long-eared Owl behind the dipping pond, it was very well camouflaged but got great views of it's very noticeable white eye brow. Not seen one of these for a few years, and this is my first one for Dungeness. Over the day I saw 5 Geese. Canada, Greylag, Brent and a flock of Barnacle with 2 Snow in with them. A day all round but not amazing weather.

Okay am going to leave it there for the moment, and will do the next catch up very soon. Am now going to look at what courses I am going on next year. Dragonflies I think is a must, and I think I might see if I can get as many butterflies in Kent and Sussex as possible. More of that later.

Will leave you with some photos taken at Rye Harbour.


There were about 13 Little Grebe just in a small area.





These were incredibly close.




No comments:

Post a Comment