Tuesday 1 March 2016

Finally an update on whats been going on.

It has been such a long time since I last updated, was hoping to do it more regularly, but half-term and work got in the way.

Am in my hotel room in Portugal as I write this and am looking forward to the next 3 days.
Since my last blog I have been out a few times. A quick trip to Dungeness added things like Black-necked Grebe, Smew, Great white Egret and even Egyptian Goose to the list. Tree Sparrow showed well and a gorgeous male Sparrowhawk sat nicely on a nearby bush until I lifted my camera. 43 species for the visit and pushed my slowly building year list to 100.
Went and visited a relative and added a fly over Ring-necked Parakeet. This is how I normally add this species. The other trip of note was yesterday when I went to Long car park on Ashdown Forest and had some excellent views of Great-grey Shrike, see below that this bird also went before I could get it focused. With Woodlark singing, Kestrel and Buzzard overhead it was a pleasant visit.

So 102 for the year now and will have to decide if I add birds from here onto my list.



My attempt at bird photography!
At least you can see what it is I suppose.



So Iberian Magpie (Azure-winged) should be good tomorrow so will attempt a photo of that with
hopefully more luck than these shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment